Chocolate Velvet Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 egg yolks
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, cream and vanilla. Gradually stir a small amount of mixture into melted chocolate until blended; gradually stir in remaining mixture. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and enough milk to achieve a piping consistency. Using a large star tip, pipe frosting on dessert. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Velvet Dessert
Sort By :
"Made this for Easter, but it was way too rich for our family. You could only eat a small sliver."
"This dessert is delicious. I followed the recipe and it turned out great. It would be a good idea to have a glass of milk though because it is very rich. Excellent"
"Awesome! Creamy and delicious."
"S-Pants put chocolate in pyrex bowl. Heat whipping cream to just under a boil in a mircrowave oven 3-5 minutes.Pour entire cream over the chocolate and stir with wisk Put back in microwave 30 seconds at a time if needed and continue to stir until it turns to a hot fudge color and chips are completely melted.I added unsweetened lilikoi juice to both the pie filling and the frosting.It was heavenly"
"This is definitely 5 stars when it comes to taste, but I had trouble gradually stirring in the cream mixture to the melted chocolate. I don't know if my chocolate was not cooled enough, but it harden immediately with just a little of the mixture added. I ended up putting it all back in the mixing bowl and blending it with the electric mixer until smooth. It might have been easier to have a second person pouring the cream mixture while I stirred in into the chocolate. In any case, it turned out fabulous! Very rich and decadent."