During hay season, when I can't make cheese and butter fast enough to keep up with our Jersey cow, I make this pudding recipe my mother gave my. It can be prepared ahead, and allows me to have a cool, delicious dessert for the haying crew.
Recommended: Top 10 Cupcake Recipes
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate and 1-1/2 cups milk. Cook over boiling water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Dissolve gelatin in remaining milk; add to melted chocolate. Remove from the heat; add sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Let stand just until mixture starts to gel.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold chocolate mixture into cream. Chill until firm. Yield: 10 servings (5 cups).
Originally published as Chocolate Velvet Cream in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p42
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Velvet Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review