Chocolate Upside-Down Cake Recipe
"This dessert is out of this world," promises Iola Egle, McCook, Nebraska. Coconut, chocolate chips, marshmallows and pecans turn a boxed cake mix into a delectable treat. "All of your guests will agree that it's the best ever," she assures. "Enjoy it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, heat water and butter until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar; mix well. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with coconut, chocolate chips, pecans and marshmallows.
- 2. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; carefully pour over marshmallows. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting cake onto a serving plate. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece equals 477 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC