"This dessert is out of this world," promises Iola Egle, McCook, Nebraska. Coconut, chocolate chips, marshmallows and pecans turn a boxed cake mix into a delectable treat. "All of your guests will agree that it's the best ever," she assures. "Enjoy it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, heat water and butter until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar; mix well. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with coconut, chocolate chips, pecans and marshmallows.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; carefully pour over marshmallows. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting cake onto a serving plate. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Upside-Down Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p42
Reviews for Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review