There's nothing slow about these turtlesthey're so rich and delicious they go in a hurry around our house! They also make nice gifts at the holidays for all our "sweet tooth" friends.
36 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) pecan halves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt caramels and milk. Stir until
- smooth. Place pecan halves in groups of three on a greased baking
- sheet. Spoon melted caramel over pecans (about 1 tablespoon over
- each cluster).
- Refrigerate. Melt chocolate chips and shortening; spread over
- clusters. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 101 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.