Chocolate Turtles Recipe
There's nothing slow about these turtles—they're so rich and delicious they go in a hurry around our house! They also make nice gifts at the holidays for all our "sweet tooth" friends.
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) pecan halves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a double boiler or microwave, melt caramels and milk. Stir until smooth. Place pecan halves in groups of three on a greased baking sheet. Spoon melted caramel over pecans (about 1 tablespoon over each cluster).
- 2. Refrigerate. Melt chocolate chips and shortening; spread over clusters. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 101 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Turtles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC