- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) pecan halves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt caramels and milk. Stir until smooth. Place pecan halves in groups of three on a greased baking sheet. Spoon melted caramel over pecans (about 1 tablespoon over each cluster).
- Refrigerate. Melt chocolate chips and shortening; spread over clusters. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Turtles in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p24
Reviews for Chocolate Turtles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review