- 3/4 cup small pecan halves, toasted
- 6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- Set aside 12-16 pecan halves for garnish; chop remaining pecans. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, 1/4 cup caramel topping and chopped pecans. Spread into pie crust. Cover and freeze for at least 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, remaining caramel topping and reserved pecans. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Turtle Ice Cream Pie
"OMG was this delish. Should have made 3 instead of 2. Seen the movie "gone in 60 seconds"? That was my pie!"
"Jonty: Put nuts in dry skillet over med-low heat; shake & stir often until lightly browned; OR in a single layer, at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, shake occasionally; OR place 1 cup on microwave turntable & microwave on High approx 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
"How do you toast the pecans?"