When the temperature is soaring in Hemet, California, turning on the oven to bake dessert is the last thing Margaret Wilson wants to do. Instead, she relies on fabulous freezer pies like this one. “The chocolaty turtle flavor will wow your family and friends,” she promises. “And they’d never believe how easy it is to make!”
- 3/4 cup small pecan halves, toasted
- 6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- Set aside 12-16 pecan halves for garnish; chop remaining pecans. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, 1/4 cup caramel topping and chopped pecans. Spread into pie crust. Cover and freeze for at least 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, remaining caramel topping and reserved pecans. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Ice Cream Pie in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p56
Reviews for Chocolate Turtle Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review