Chocolate Turtle Ice Cream Pie
When the temperature is soaring in Hemet, California, turning on the oven to bake dessert is the last thing Margaret Wilson wants to do. Instead, she relies on fabulous freezer pies like this one. “The chocolaty turtle flavor will wow your family and friends,” she promises. “And they’d never believe how easy it is to make!”
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup small pecan halves, toasted
- 6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- Set aside 12-16 pecan halves for garnish; chop remaining pecans. In a
- large bowl, combine the ice cream, 1/4 cup caramel topping and
- chopped pecans. Spread into pie crust. Cover and freeze for at least
- 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with
- whipped topping, remaining caramel topping and reserved pecans.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 457 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now