"I always get compliments when I make this rich dessert," says Erin Byrd of Springfield, Missouri. With layers of vanilla and fudge cream cheese plus a drizzle of caramel, this luscious cheesecake will win praise for you, too!
Recommended: Holiday Cheesecake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 10 wafers)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 4-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread half of mixture into crust. Stir fudge topping into remaining batter; gently spread over cream cheese layer. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Drizzle caramel topping over cheesecake. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turtle Cheesecake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p33
Reviews forChocolate Turtle Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2011
"Delicious! Made it for Valentines day for my Husband... LOVE IT. I also put hot fudge sauce on it along with the caramel. =)"