Chocolate Truffles Recipe
"You may be tempted to save this recipe for a special occasion since these smooth, creamy chocolates are divine," remarks Darlene Wiese-Appleby, Creston, Ohio. "But with just a few ingredients, they're easy to make anytime."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:48 servings
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Chopped flaked coconut, chocolate sprinkles, colored spinkles, baking cocoa and/or finely chopped nuts, optional
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth.Stir in vanilla. Chill for 2 hours or until mixture is easy to handle.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in the coconut, sprinkles, cocoa or nuts if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 77 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC