- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Chopped flaked coconut, chocolate sprinkles, colored spinkles, baking cocoa and/or finely chopped nuts, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and milk; stir until smooth.Stir in vanilla. Chill for 2 hours or until mixture is easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in the coconut, sprinkles, cocoa or nuts if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Truffles
Sort By :
"Couldn't be easier, with only 3 (2 main) ingredients! My kids enjoyed helping roll and top them and then eat them. I used cocoa powder, colored sugar sprinkles, and matcha drink powder."
"My daughter and I made these for Valentine and found them easy, we used different sprinkles and nuts. Think we will try to use different flavored extract's to change it up."
"I made this as a Student Council representative for my school, and it was a best-seller! After 10 minutes, all the truffles were sold out, and a bunch of people were disappointed they never got a chance to taste them. And hehe it's actually my first time cooking by myself. Took me like 6 hours...But it's worth it. I became my school's hero for a few days :)"
"These are good and easy, just not anything special. I do love the topping ideas--for any kind of truffle."
"I made these last year, and will be making more tomorrow. They are fantastic. I did learn that if your truffles don't hold their shape, you can add a small amount of confectioner's sugar to stiffen them just a bit. Make them small, roll them quickly in the coatings and put them straight back in the fridge UNCOVERED. Once they dry a bit and get a "crust", they hold their shape well."