Chocolate Truffle Recipe
The subtle coffee flavor of these rich, velvety candies blends well with the dark chocolate coating, and the white drizzle adds charm. Stacy Abell of Olathe, Kansas shared the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Add the cream cheese, coffee granules and water; mix well. Chill until firm enough to handle.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating. Dip balls in coating; return to baking sheet and let stand until set.
- 4. In another microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips with shortening; stir until smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole in the corner of bag. Drizzle over truffles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 truffle equals 125 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC