The subtle coffee flavor of these rich, velvety candies blends well with the dark chocolate coating, and the white drizzle adds charm. Stacy Abell of Olathe, Kansas shared the recipe.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Add the cream
- cheese, coffee granules and water; mix well. Chill until firm enough
- to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating. Dip balls in
- coating; return to baking sheet and let stand until set.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips with shortening;
- stir until smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole
- in the corner of bag. Drizzle over truffles. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 truffle equals 125 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium,