Chocolate Truffle Pie
I discovered a fast recipe for a delectable chocolate mousse some years ago and thought it might make a good filling for a pie. The chocolate lovers in our family endorse this scrumptious dessert, saying that it "melts in your mouth"! —Keri Scofield Lawson, Fullerton, California
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Whipped cream and chocolate-covered peppermint candies, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of
- cream; cook on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until
- smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; set aside. In a small bowl, beat remaining
- cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high, one
- third at a time; mix well. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at
- least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and candies if desired.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 383 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.