I discovered a fast recipe for a delectable chocolate mousse some years ago and thought it might make a good filling for a pie. The chocolate lovers in our family endorse this scrumptious dessert, saying that it "melts in your mouth"! —Keri Scofield Lawson, Fullerton, California
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Whipped cream and chocolate-covered peppermint candies, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of cream; cook on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; set aside. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high, one third at a time; mix well. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and candies if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Truffle Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review