- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Whipped cream and chocolate-covered peppermint candies, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of cream; cook on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; set aside. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high, one third at a time; mix well. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and candies if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Pie
"Not quite sweet enough for me. Even after loading it up with whipped cream. If you like dark chocolate flavor this is the pie for you"
"My 11-yr-old daughter was able to complete this recipe independently, which attests to its ease in preparation; but the chocolate flavor was a mite too intense for our family. Don't misunderstand- the texture was perfect and for a true chocoholic, you couldn't find a richer dessert. It just wasn't right for our family."
"I have made this more times than I can count! It is one of our favorite chocolate desserts! (We love to sprinkle extra crushed oreos on top!)"
"This pie is delicious! My family loves it."
"This pie was easy, and amazingly delicious. I used Ghiardelli dark chocolate chips, which gave it a wonderful dark chocolate flavor. I will definitely be making this again."