Chocolate Truffle Pie with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Warm days warrant a cool dessert like this frosty and refreshing pie. The raspberry sauce combined with rich chocolate and ice cream make each slice irresistible. All eyes will light up when you pull out this pleaser!
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread chocolate ice cream over crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and whipping cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Quickly and carefully spread over chocolate ice cream. Freeze for 30 minutes. Top with vanilla ice cream; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and freeze until firm.
- For sauce, in a blender, cover and puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and raspberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- Remove pie from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Serve over raspberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Truffle Pie in Country Woman May/June 2002, p33
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Pie with Raspberry Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes >