Chocolate Truffle Pie with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread chocolate ice cream over crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and whipping cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Quickly and carefully spread over chocolate ice cream. Freeze for 30 minutes. Top with vanilla ice cream; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and freeze until firm.
- 3. For sauce, in a blender, cover and puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and raspberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- 4. Remove pie from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Serve over raspberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 435 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Pie with Raspberry Sauce
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.