Chocolate Truffle Pie with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread chocolate ice cream over crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and whipping cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Quickly and carefully spread over chocolate ice cream. Freeze for 30 minutes. Top with vanilla ice cream; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and freeze until firm.
- 3. For sauce, in a blender, cover and puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and raspberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- 4. Remove pie from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Serve over raspberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 435 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Pie with Raspberry Sauce
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.