Chocolate Truffle Pie with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread chocolate ice cream over crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and whipping cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Quickly and carefully spread over chocolate ice cream. Freeze for 30 minutes. Top with vanilla ice cream; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and freeze until firm.
- For sauce, in a blender, cover and puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and raspberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- Remove pie from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Serve over raspberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Truffle Pie in Country Woman May/June 2002, p33
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Pie with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes >