- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Whipped cream and chocolate-covered peppermint candies, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of cream; cook on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; set aside. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high, one third at a time; mix well. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and candies if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Pie
"My 11-yr-old daughter was able to complete this recipe independently, which attests to its ease in preparation; but the chocolate flavor was a mite too intense for our family. Don't misunderstand- the texture was perfect and for a true chocoholic, you couldn't find a richer dessert. It just wasn't right for our family."
"I have made this more times than I can count! It is one of our favorite chocolate desserts! (We love to sprinkle extra crushed oreos on top!)"
"This pie is delicious! My family loves it."
"This pie was easy to make. Fun, nearly effortless, and also delicious!! Would make again!!!"
"When I made this recipe recently from 1998 Taste Of Home Annual Recipes I ran out of vanilla extract. The recipe calls for one tablespoon of vanilla extract. I poured what I thought was another bottle of vanilla extract which I had in a tablespoon and it formed a cloudy precipitate. It was orange extract in a vanilla extract box! It added a whole new flavor! I estimated that I mixed one teaspoon of each instead of one tablespoon of vanilla extract.Marie Gelsomino, Stroudsburg, PA"