Chocolate Truffle Cookies Recipe
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of chocolate chips and butter; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat sugar and eggs for 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and the chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; beat into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove about 1 cup of dough. With lightly floured hands, roll into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly puffed and set. Cool on pan 3-4 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Cookies(18)
Sort By :
I've been making these for several years now. Every Christmas all my friends ask if I'm making them because they want them. I make them several times a year and they are always a big hit. I make them small because they are so rich.
Very yummy, I made quite a few for a Christmas cookie swap and they went over very well.
This is a family favorite that I must make every Christmas! It has an amazing, rich, intense, gooey, chocolate flavor best served warm.
With this recipe i will never bake chocolate chips again...Love these
This recipe is too much trouble for me to make more than once a year. After chilling the mixture for three hours in the fridge, it was rock hard and broke a spoon. Forming the mixture into balls was not a pleasant experience. Even though I formed them into perfect balls, they still flattened in the oven.
Not worth the time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >