- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 27 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and miniature chocolate kisses, optional
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- For filling, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cocoa and beat well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and reserved chocolate mixture just until blended. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. For topping, place chocolate chips in a bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over filling. Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and miniature chocolate kisses if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake
"Awesome recipe! Made it today exactly as written for Easter dessert and it was so delicious! Everyone loved it. Will definitely be a go to recipe."
"I made as the recipe says exactly and it was superb! My husband said it was excellent and he doesn't use that word lightly!"
"Delicious, my family loved it. I didn't change anything and it turned out great!"
"This is SO good! I increased the amounts by 1/3 because my springform pan is 10 inches and I didn't want the cheesecake to be too thin. I also lightened it up a little: I used skim milk instead of cream to melt the chocolate in, and 2/3 light cream cheese / 1/3 regular cream cheese. It didn't taste like it was missing anything, although I haven't tried the recipe with the full-fat versions of the ingredients. Can't wait to make this one again!"
"This cheesecake is delicious and so pretty. It will definitely get attention! I love this recipe for any special occasion."
"Fun to make and always gets rave reviews from my friends and family. Absolutely delish!!"
"WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!LOVE IT !!!!"
"Decadent! The perfect dessert for any special occasion. It is pretty and delicious and enjoyed by all."
"I am wondering if it would be better to add the topping after it cools first."
"This is an excellent cheesecake, very rich and flavorful- a definite keeper!"