- until smooth. Add cocoa and beat well. Add eggs; beat on low just
- until combined. Stir in vanilla and reserved chocolate mixture just
- until blended. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. For topping,
- melt chocolate chips in a heavy saucepan or microwave, stir until
- smooth. Stir in cream and vanilla; mix well. Spread over filling.
- Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around
- edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream
- and miniature chocolate kisses if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 411 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.