Chocolate Truffle Cake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, cook the milk, butter and chocolate over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture until smooth. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well (batter will be thin).
- Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in confectioners' sugar and cream until smooth.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, until ganache reaches a spreading consistency.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread ganache over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle Cake(21)
Sort By :
I made this for my family and it was a huge hit! The cake was extremely moist and just the perfect amount of chocolate and sweet. The ganache smoothed out and made the cake look gorgeous too.
I found this cake little hard.. Its not very soft.. Any idea what went wrong? I used this recipe exactly as mentioned
Amazing Cake - It was my first time at making a cake.. and I end up being a proud cake making girl.. yaaaayyy.. thanks.. and yes, I am here to share the applauds I got from my family.. :)
Thanks a ton!!!
I have tried this cake yesterdays. It looked just like in the picture above. My husband was impresses. Although it took me 2h to make it. I have a really small oven and had to cook each layer individually. It was worth it. I thought it to be really simple to make, it is tasty and not so sweet. I will make it again for my son's 1year birthday but this time ... with white chocolate
It was absolutely amazing! Everyone loved it... some said it was the best they had ever tasted!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >