The subtle coffee flavor of these rich, velvety candies blends well with the dark chocolate coating, and the white drizzle adds charm. Stacy Abell of Olathe, Kansas shared the recipe.
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Add the cream cheese, coffee granules and water; mix well. Chill until firm enough to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating. Dip balls in coating; return to baking sheet and let stand until set.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips with shortening; stir until smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole in the corner of bag. Drizzle over truffles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Mocha Truffles in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p51
Reviews for Chocolate Truffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review