Chocolate Trifle Recipe
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- Bake cake according to package directions. Cool. Prepare pudding according to package directions; set aside.
- Crumble cake; reserve 1/2 cup. Place half of the remaining cake crumbs in the bottom of a 4-1/2- or 5-qt. trifle dish or decorative glass bowl.
- Layer with half of the coffee, half of the pudding, half of the whipped topping and half of the crushed candy bars. Repeat the layers of cake, coffee, pudding and whipped topping.
- Combine remaining crushed candy bars with reserved cake crumbs; sprinkle over top. Refrigerate 4-5 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Trifle(25)
Sort By :
First off I love trifles (know not everyone does) but this one is always a hit at family gatherings. I also like that you can make this the night ahead. Really rich and delicious!
Have made this recipe many times. Always a huge hit. I substitute brownies for the cake (cut into one inch squares). I also use chocolate chips as not everyone cares for the heath bars, and I omit the coffee. Also, side a little food coloring in the whipped cream for the holidays. I did pink for Easter. This is an extremely easy and delicious dessert. Enjoy!
Made this recipe for potluck and folks went back for seconds and thirds. And I just made a sugar free version for diabetic friends, using all sugar free ingredients. This is so simple and so yummy.
I used raspberry hot chocolate and mixed it in the pudding instead of coffee. I also used heavy whipping cream to make my own cool whip.
I used raspberry hot chocolate and mixed it in the pudding instead of coffee.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Trifle >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Easy Trifle Recipes >