- 1 carton (7 ounces) milk chocolate for dipping
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups whipped topping
- Melt dipping chocolate according to package directions; dip strawberries into chocolate and allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- Cut candy bars in half widthwise. Drizzle with white chocolate; refrigerate until set. Dip the short sides of two candy bar halves into melted chocolate; place at right angles to each other on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, forming two walls of a box. Dip the short sides of two more candy bar halves; attach at right angles to form a four-walled box. Repeat, forming a second box. Refrigerate boxes and strawberries until set, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in whipped topping.
- Place boxes on serving plates. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert star pastry tip. Fill bag with pudding mixture; pipe into boxes.
- Reheat dipping chocolate if necessary. Dip the long sides of remaining candy bar halves into melted chocolate; adhere to a top edge of each box, forming a lid. Garnish with strawberries. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set. Yield: 2 boxes (2 servings each).
Reviews for Chocolate Treasure Boxes
Sort By :
such a cute and easy idea! definitely keeping this recipe. making it tonight for a surprise dessert for the hubby!
Ok, how do you cut the candy bar in half LENGTH wise? Guess I'm not too swift at this.
Too cute for words and look forward to making them for Mother's Day.
What a cute idea. My grandsons love the choc. mousse I make, this will make it even more special for them. Thanks