This tasteful container is constructed with candy bars. Consider personalizing the box lid with a conversation heart or a special message written with white chocolate or frosting. —Elaine Nichols, Mesa, Arizona
- 1 carton (7 ounces) milk chocolate for dipping
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups whipped topping
- Melt dipping chocolate according to package directions; dip strawberries into chocolate and allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- Cut candy bars in half widthwise. Drizzle with white chocolate; refrigerate until set. Dip the short sides of two candy bar halves into melted chocolate; place at right angles to each other on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, forming two walls of a box. Dip the short sides of two more candy bar halves; attach at right angles to form a four-walled box. Repeat, forming a second box. Refrigerate boxes and strawberries until set, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in whipped topping.
- Place boxes on serving plates. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert star pastry tip. Fill bag with pudding mixture; pipe into boxes.
- Reheat dipping chocolate if necessary. Dip the long sides of remaining candy bar halves into melted chocolate; adhere to a top edge of each box, forming a lid. Garnish with strawberries. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set. Yield: 2 boxes (2 servings each).
Originally published as Chocolate Treasure Boxes in Country Woman February/March 2009, p16
Reviews for Chocolate Treasure Boxes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review