Chocolate Torte with Raspberry Filling Recipe
"When our daughter requested this fancy layered cake for her birthday, I was afraid it would be difficult to make," writes Rosemary Ford Vinson of El Cajon, California. "But it's so easy! Everyone oohs and aahs at how pretty it is."
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh mint and additional raspberries, optional
- 1. Prepare the cake according to package directions. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Combine milk and pudding mix; beat into cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and raspberries.
- 3. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake; dust with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with mint and raspberries if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC