Chocolate Torte with Raspberry Filling Recipe
"When our daughter requested this fancy layered cake for her birthday, I was afraid it would be difficult to make," writes Rosemary Ford Vinson of El Cajon, California. "But it's so easy! Everyone oohs and aahs at how pretty it is."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh mint and additional raspberries, optional
- 1. Prepare the cake according to package directions. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Combine milk and pudding mix; beat into cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and raspberries.
- 3. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake; dust with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with mint and raspberries if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC