- 1-1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- Fresh strawberries, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix cracker crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Hull strawberries if necessary; puree in a food processor. Remove to a bowl. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. In food processor, process cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar substitute until smooth. While processing, gradually add gelatin mixture. Add pureed strawberries; process until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl; fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, 2-3 hours.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake with a knife; remove rim from pan. To serve, top with chocolate topping, remaining whipped topping and quartered strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate-Topped Strawberry Cheesecake
"Can you use 3/4 of real sugar with this recipe????"
"Question: How many strawberries do I put in the food processer? All 12, than have extra strawberries for garnish? Thank you! It looks beautiful, can't wait to try it :)"
"I made this strawberry cheesecake and it was for a friends birthday. he said he did not want to cut it couse they would eat it. I told him I would make him an other one. he said OK. I THINK IT WOULD BE A 10 STAR."
"This cheesecake is light and fluffy absolutely delicious"
"This was excellent, I and the family loved it."
"Loved this recipe."
"iwant arecape for cholatecheespie"
"Tip:(dipping strawberry) take off the green leafy part before dipping to the chocolate!!!:) :) :) :)p.s. i have not made yet :(:) :) :) :)"
"I've already made this recipe 3 times in 3 weeks and everyone is so impressed and loveing it."