Chocolate-Topped Macaroon Crisps
What a combination! Delicate macaroons drizzled with sweet chocolate can’t be beat. The recipe comes from a co-worker’s daughter, who makes us a huge batch of these every Christmas. —Rosemary Areias, Turlock, California
20-22 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a food processor, finely chop coconut; set aside. In a large bowl,
- beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating
- until stiff and glossy. Fold in vanilla and coconut. Drop by rounded
- tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-19 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
- remove to wire racks to cool. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt
- chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
- Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 206 calories, 11 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.