Chocolate-Topped Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Lori Coulthard of Laramie, Wyoming sent in the recipe for this luscious cheesecake with a hint of almond in the creamy chocolate filling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa; stir in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the side of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate and extracts just until blended. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- 4. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips, cream and honey; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Pour topping over the cheesecake. Chill for at least 4 hours or until topping is set. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 372 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC