Lori Coulthard of Laramie, Wyoming sent in the recipe for this luscious cheesecake with a hint of almond in the creamy chocolate filling.
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa; stir in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the side of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate and extracts just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips, cream and honey; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Pour topping over the cheesecake. Chill for at least 4 hours or until topping is set. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cheesecake in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p48
Reviews for Chocolate-Topped Chocolate Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review