Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Whisk the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add to dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in toffee bits.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup cocoa mixture until smooth. Add milk, vanilla and remaining cocoa mixture; beat until desired spreading consistency is reached. Stir in 1/2 cup toffee bits.
- 4. Frost cupcakes. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Top with remaining toffee bits before serving. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 275 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes
"we love these!"
"These are good but the chocolate flavour is fairly strong. I used less margarine and more milk in the frosting. The toffee bits in them are delicious!"
"So far I only tried the frosting part of this recipe and I substituted buttermilk for the milk. We all agreed that the frosting was wonderful. (I used Buttermilk chocolate Cupcakes recipe from this site.)"
"My family loved these cupcakes, however I had a lot of icing left over. I would probably not make as much the next time. I froze the icing to use on my next batch."
"Looks & sounds good & great..Can't hardly wait to try."