These cupcakes are so special, you can serve them at any get-together.—Hershey Food Corporation, Cheryl Reitz, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Whisk the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add to dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in toffee bits.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup cocoa mixture until smooth. Add milk, vanilla and remaining cocoa mixture; beat until desired spreading consistency is reached. Stir in 1/2 cup toffee bits.
- Frost cupcakes. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Top with remaining toffee bits before serving. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes in Country Woman January/February 1997, p40
Reviews for Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review