Chocolate Toffee Cookies
With one bite of these rich and gooey cookies, friends and family will be surprised to learn that they started from a boxed cookie mix. Patricia Van Wyk of Newton, Iowa created these crisp and crunchy cookies with a chewy interior. TIP: Dip them into hot coffee or tea for an after-lunch pick-me-up.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, oil, egg and water. Stir in
- toffee bits.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2
- minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 153 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.