Chocolate Toffee Biscuits Recipe
These sweet and crunchy biscuits would be perfect with your morning cup of coffee. “They’re so quick and easy to assemble,” Wendy Weatherall assures from Cargill, Ontario. “Everyone will love them any time of day.”
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- 2. Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC