- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Toffee Biscuits
Sort By :
These are absoluely wonderful. What a treat. Everyone I share them with wants the recipe, and, it is sooo quick and easy.
Oh, my, these are good. I added salt to the flour mixture--approximately 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. I used half and half for the milk. The crumb is very tender and moist. Don't skip the topping--the contrast of the crispy top with the tender inside is part of its deliciousness. This is lightly sweet--think scones, only without the trouble of rolling and shaping. Delicious with coffee for breakfast.