Chocolate-Tipped Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- CHOCOLATE COATING:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour; mix well. cover and chill for 1 hour. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. sticks. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten about three-fourths of each stick lengthwise with a fork. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets. Melt chocolate chips and shortening until smooth; dip the round end of each cookie. Sprinkle with nuts. Place on waxed paper until firm. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Tipped Butter Cookies
"This is nice."
"now if this ain't kick-butt then what is my momTeddy-Valentine "
"This is awesome you'll never regret making it"
"These are SO easy to make, and they look like they came from the bakery. You can't go wrong with this recipe. My husband is always the test, and he said these are keepers. The semi sweet chocolate compliments the nuts AND the cookie. I used butter rather than shortening, and it was fine. Excellent Recipe! These will not last long!"