Chocolate-Tipped Butter Cookies
These wonderfully moist morsels are too tempting to resist. "They melt right in your mouth," comments Charolette Westfall of Houston, Texas. "They're simple to fix, too." Rather than sprinkling the chocolate tips with nuts, you can roll them in red and green jimmies or leave them plain. Either way, Charolette's are real treats!— Charolette Westfall, Houston, Texas
21 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- CHOCOLATE COATING:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually
- add flour; mix well. cover and chill for 1 hour. Shape
- tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. sticks. Place 2 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten about three-fourths of
- each stick lengthwise with a fork. Bake at 350° for 14-16
- minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets. Melt chocolate chips
- and shortening until smooth; dip the round end of each cookie.
- Sprinkle with nuts. Place on waxed paper until firm. Yield: about
- 3-1/2 dozen.