- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in sugars and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Combine flour and salt; stir into butter mixture just until combined. Stir in peanuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; spread over brownie layer. Chill until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter with cream; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill until firm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Temptation Brownies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p55
Reviews for Chocolate Temptation Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review