Chocolate Temptation Brownies Recipe
Chocolate lovers will stand in line for these rich, three-layer squares that have a peanut butter filling and decadent glaze. They're heavenly!—Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in sugars and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Combine flour and salt; stir into butter mixture just until combined. Stir in peanuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; spread over brownie layer. Chill until firm.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter with cream; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill until firm. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 brownie equals 277 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC