Chocolate Tea Bread Recipe
When people sample this chocolaty moist bread, they're surprised that biscuit mix is an ingredient.—Geri Davis, Prescott, Arizona
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream cheese or orange marmalade, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add sugar; mix well. Add orange juice alternately with biscuit mix. Fold in chocolate, nuts and vanilla.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve with cream cheese or marmalade if desired. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 137 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC