When people sample this chocolaty moist bread, they're surprised that biscuit mix is an ingredient.—Geri Davis, Prescott, Arizona
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream cheese or orange marmalade, optional
- In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add sugar; mix well. Add orange juice alternately with biscuit mix. Fold in chocolate, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve with cream cheese or marmalade if desired. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Chocolate Tea Bread in Country Woman November/December 1996, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Tea Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review