- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugars until
- light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in egg. Combine the flour,
- baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well.
- For the chocolate dough, in another large bowl, cream butter and
- sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the
- flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide each portion in half. Knead one peanut butter and one
- chocolate portion together 5-10 times or until it just begins to
- swirl. Shape into a 10-in. log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with
- remaining dough. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2
- in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or
- until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 73 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.