- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafers (20 cookies)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place cottage cheese in strainer; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 9-in. springform pan with cooking spray; press cookie crumbs onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- Transfer cottage cheese to a food processor (discard liquid from bowl); cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Add the cream cheese, sugar and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the vanilla, eggs and egg white just until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of batter; pour remaining batter into prepared pan. Combine the reserved batter with melted chocolate; stir until smooth. Drop by spoonfuls over plain batter; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p46
Reviews for Chocolate Swirled Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2014
"This cake is amazing!! I have been making it for years; it is very good, creamy. It was my go to recipe for quite awhile. It may be a little time consuming for some, but completely worth it!!"