- 1-1/4 cups refrigerated Lightened-Up Holiday Cookie Dough
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- Press dough onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan (dough will be thin). Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over bars. Drop spoonfuls of melted vanilla chips over top; cut through chocolate with a knife to swirl. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Swirled Bars
Sort By :
"REcipe saved1 agree with JBess regardings ugar carb. count. Recipes ought to clearly state that. EVen when recipe states **Diabetic friendly** it truly makes ya wonder if that's so."
"I thought the cookie dough was a little dry and crumbly however a great idea and melting choc chips, smoothing over after coming out of the oven works splendidly however I use a full 12 oz on a 9x13 size dish. I also do the same melting chips on top of a dish of brownies!"
"Not bad- endless variation you can do. I made a batch w/ m&m's and one with crushed heath bars"
"If I am reading the directions correctly, you only use one portion of the Lightened Up Cookie Dough. Therefore, the Chocolate Swirled Bars recipe is only using 1/4 c of butter and 3/4 c of sugar plus the choc. chips."
"Have to agree with JBess. Hard to believe that cookie dough with 3 cups of sugar, topped with eve more sugar (two types of chocolate chips), could be healthy, much less diabetic friendly. Makes you wonder how accurate the other info is. I would love to see the recipes include the grams of sugar in each recipe!"