Chocolate Swirl Panini Recipe
Pretty chocolate swirls throughout the interior of these tender Italian-style rolls make them a must-try. The tempting treats really stand out when served as part of a brunch or dessert. —Sara Bonetti, Oakland, California
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead in chocolate chunks until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 16 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Beat egg and water; brush over rolls. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 16 rolls.
Originally published as Chocolate Panini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p157
Reviews for Chocolate Swirl Panini(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review