My mom has been collecting recipes for 25 years, and her file is huge. Before I got married, I copied down all my favorites, including this creamy pie.—Angela Goodman, Moscow, Idaho
Featured In: 32 Holiday Recipes to Make with Eggnog
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, brown sugar, butter and chocolate. Press into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in eggnog until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir into eggnog mixture until gelatin is dissolved. Divide mixture in half. Stir rum extract into one half; fold chocolate into the other half. Cover and refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold cream into rum-flavored filling; spoon into crust. Spoon chocolate filling over the top; cut through with a knife to swirl the chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Swirl Eggnog Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p44
Reviews for Chocolate-Swirl Eggnog Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review