- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Sprinkle crumbs over bottom and sides of the pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in orange juice and peel. Set aside 3/4 cup; pour remaining filling into pan.
- Stir chocolate into reserved filling. Drop by spoonfuls over filling; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the chocolate.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 75-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Delicious recipe. I love the addition of orange to the cheesecake. It was very tasty!"
"Amazing cheesecake! I knew this woman many years ago, too bad her husband beat her relentlessly. I understand he's still trying to kill her. Hang in there Aida! Those of that remember you from your baking glory days are still hoping for you!"
"I made this cheesecake for the first time for my family at Christmas. Of course, I had to tweak it slightly. I used less chocolate and added caramel!! OMG!! Everyone loved the new version. I'm so glad this recipe is here for me!! I love this site!!!"
"I just took this out of the oven, after the 75 minutes and the top was browned. I think the cooking time listed is too long."