Chocolate Swirl Cake
This tasty chocolate cake from Gail Maki of Marquette, Michigan won't ruin your waistline. Pretty swirls of cream cheese dress it up while cherry pie filling provides moistness. "Sometimes I add miniature chocolate chips for an extra-special treat," Gail says.
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 5 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pie filling, egg whites and
- vanilla just until moistened. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and vanilla
- until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Spread over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean and topping is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 207 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,