This tasty chocolate cake from Gail Maki of Marquette, Michigan won't ruin your waistline. Pretty swirls of cream cheese dress it up while cherry pie filling provides moistness. "Sometimes I add miniature chocolate chips for an extra-special treat," Gail says.
Featured In: 22 Easy Cheesecake Recipes
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 5 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pie filling, egg whites and vanilla just until moistened. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and vanilla until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and topping is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Swirl Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p55
Reviews for Chocolate Swirl Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review