- flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture until
- blended. Roll into thirty 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Using floured hands, flatten chocolate balls and shape one around
- each peanut butter ball, sealing edges. Place 2 in. apart on greased
- baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 7-9
- minutes or until cookies are set and tops are cracked. Cool for 1
- minute. Before removing to wire racks.
- For icing, in a small bowl, beat shortening and confectioners' sugar
- until smooth. Beat in vanilla and enough milk to reach spreading
- consistency. Spoon into a resealable plastic bag or pastry bag; cut
- a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe icing over cookies in a zigzag
- pattern. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 333 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.